The City Bible Forum ('CBF' ) understands the importance of your personal information. This page explains how CBF undertakes to maintain the privacy of this information.
Scope: This policy concerns the privacy of personal information as defined in the National Privacy Principles of the Australian Privacy Act 1988. While this legislation classifies the CBF as exempt from its requirements, nevertheless CBF seeks to implement these principles with regard to any personal information that is...
- submitted through CBF websites,
- supplied in emails and other correspondence,
- stored in CBF's contact database, or
- submitted on 'communication cards' in one of its public meetings
Information collected: CBF only collects information that is necessary to contact you or to undertake its activities.
Options: Where possible, CBF provides options that limit the amount of information you need to supply...
- if you make donations or payments via CBF websites, your credit card details are not stored by CBF;
- if you wish to make anonymous donations or payments, you can make EFT transfers
Disclosure of information: CBF will never disclose your personal information to third parties, except when...
- CBF has a reasonable need to do so, in accordance with it's activities, and has your express permission; or
- CBF has a legal obligation to do so
In particular, CBF will never sell your personal information.
Quality of information: CBF will generally only maintain your personal information if you advise us of changes, or if communication with you fails (in which case CBF may contact you for updated details).
Security of information: CBF implements physical and electronic measures to secure any personal information it holds. These measures include...
- servers for websites, email, and contact database are located in secure data centres
- all web pages for supplying and accessing personal information are protected by SSL encryption
- all staff access to the CBF websites, emails, and contact database are protected by SSL encryption, and are authenticated via passwords or digital certificates
Access to information: On request, CBF will provide you with a copy of any personal information it holds about you (click here for contact options). CBF will supply this information to you, provided your identity and location can be verified, the request is reasonable, and CBF is able to supply the information (eg, it may be the case that supplying it would compromise the privacy of another person, or be unlawful). CBF will attempt to respond to such requests in a timely fashion, either by supplying the information or by giving you a reason for not doing so.
Correction of information: If you believe that the personal information CBF holds about you is incorrect, please supply the correct details (click here for contact options). CBF will attempt to update your personal information in a timely fashion.