Purpose and Scope
To describe the policy for work health & safety in accordance with work health & safety legislation around Australia.
City Bible Forum (CBF) will do all it reasonably can to ensure the health & safety of its employees, volunteers, contractors and those attending programs, activities and events held in its name.
Recognising the moral and legal responsibilities under work, health and safety (WHS) legislation to provide a safe and healthy work environment, CBF is a committed to:
- providing a safe and healthy workplace and working conditions for all, including employees, volunteers, contractors, customers, visitors and those attending programs, activities and events; • ensuring training, support and resources to enable employees and volunteers to work safely and to run and/or participate in programs, activities and events safely;
- complying with all relevant legislation and industry standards;
- consulting with employees, volunteers and contractors to enhance the effectiveness of WHS procedures;
- conducting investigations into reported incidents;
- ensuring that appropriate return-to-work programs are in place;
- conducting regular reviews and evaluations of the WHS systems in place; and • giving particular attention to higher risk activities especially those involving children or vulnerable people, and including overseas location related risks where applicable.
What employees and volunteers are expected to do:
All employees & volunteers will:
- take reasonable care to follow WHS procedures at all times;
- identify and support measures to eliminate or minimise unsafe conditions;
- assume personal responsibility for their own safety and for those of other work colleagues by always operating in a safe and appropriate manner;
- report incidents in a timely manner; and
- cooperate with return to work plans.