City Bible Forum understands the importance of your personal information. This page explains how we undertake to maintain the privacy of this information.
Scope: This policy concerns the privacy of personal information as defined in the National Privacy Principles of the Australian Privacy Act 1988. While this legislation classifies City Bible Forum as exempt from its requirements, nevertheless we seek to implement these principles with regard to any personal information that is...
- submitted through our websites,
- supplied in emails and other correspondence,
- stored in our contact database, or
- submitted on 'communication cards' in one of our public meetings
Information collected: we only collect information that is necessary to contact you or to undertake our activities.
Options: Where possible, we provide options that limit the amount of information you need to supply...
- if you make donations or payments via our websites, your credit card details are not stored by us;
- if you wish to make anonymous donations or payments, you can make EFT transfers
Disclosure of information: we will never disclose your personal information to third parties, except when...
- we have a reasonable need to do so, in accordance with our activities, and have your express permission; or
- we have a legal obligation to do so
In particular, we will never sell your personal information.
Quality of information: we will generally only maintain your personal information if you advise us of changes, or if communication with you fails (in which case we may contact you for updated details).
Security of information: we implement physical and electronic measures to secure any personal information we hold. These measures include...
- locating the servers for our websites, email, and contact database in secure data centres
- protecting with SSL encryption all public web pages where people supply and access personal information
- protecting with SSL encryption all staff access to the our websites, emails, and contact database
- authenticating all staff access with passwords or digital certificates
Access to information: On request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information we hold about you (click here for contact options). We will supply this information to you, provided your identity and location can be verified, the request is reasonable, and we are able to supply the information (eg, it may be that supplying the information would compromise the privacy of another person, or be unlawful). We will attempt to respond to such requests in a timely fashion, either by supplying the information or by giving you a reason for not doing so.
Correction of information: If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, please supply the correct details (click here for contact options). We will attempt to update your personal information in a timely fashion.