To describe the policy of City Bible Forum (CBF) in response to the COVID-19 health crisis.
City Bible Forum (CBF) will ensure it complies with government legislation, regulations, and health orders in relation to the COVID-19 health crisis.
CBF will also keep abreast of non-mandated public health advice, taking a risk approach to what is observed, whilst, always encouraging staff to adopt appropriate levels of personal safety. This includes safe practices to avoid transmission of the coronavirus to protect the vulnerable in our communities.
The Executive, in conjunction with CBF Event and Network leaders, will ensure requirements specific to each State and monitored and that CBF gatherings, events and workplaces comply with prevailing State government legislation, regulations and health orders.
A risk assessment is prepared in advance of CBF events and gatherings, with approval by the responsible Executive member.
City Bible Forum events, gatherings and workplaces will ensure:
- The names and contact details of attendees are recorded in line with State requirements.
- Attendees are informed in advance of a gathering of any requirements they need to meet in order to gather in person, including any requirements relating to vaccination and direction not to attend if exhibiting any flu like symptoms.
- Hand sanitiser and face masks are made available for use by those gathering. The wearing of face masks will be in line with any prevailing health orders.
- Attendees are encouraged to adopt physical distancing of 1.5 metres to the extent practicable.
- Any other State specific health order requirement is observed, with reference to the applicable state government websites.
City Bible Forum offices remain open (unless a State lockdown is enacted) and staff may work at the City Bible Forum office or another suitable, and safe, location (including a home office) in consultation with their Supervisor and/or Executive member.
Due to ongoing uncertainty and volatility, any travel by a staff member outside of their home State requires the prior approval of the Managing Director before a booking is made, with bookings made in accordance with the City Bible Forum Travel Policy.
In these unsettling times and it is understandable that many may be anxious.
Philippians 4:6, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Reviewed by the CBF Executive, 7 October 2021
Approved by P Kaldor, Managing Director. 7 October 2021
(This policy supersedes the policies of August 2020 and February 2020)